Oh man, these were good. So easy, and really nothing to call the dessert police on. There is no flour or sugar (just a tiny bit of honey). It can all be made in your blender. Since they are mini muffins you can have one, wait a bit and have a few more and not feel guilty at all. You can taste the chocolate, peanut butter, and banana. Yum!
A few notes: since we have a Vita-Mix, we blended a bit too long, and the chocolate chips were no longer in solid form, thus the look of a brownie mixture and the darker color than if the chocolate chips remained solid. Oh, and to change it up a bit we added toffee chips to the mix. Why not?
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mini Blender Muffins (Original version from Averie Cooks)
1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 dash of salt
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (I also added some heath bar bits)
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Prepare mini muffin pan(s) with cooking spray or canola oil. Flour the insides or make sure they’re greased very well if you don’t want to use flour.
3. Add all ingredients except chocolate chips into a blender and blend until creamy.
4. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
5. Use a tablespoon and distribute batter evenly to muffin pan(s).
6. Bake for 8-9 mins. Let them cool in the pans for about 10 mins before removing.