My favorite meal of the day is breakfast. I could have it any time of day. So, yes, I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Often instead of going on a date night, we do a date brunch. A meal we love, it is easy, quick and since it is on the weekend, I am more rested and focused on Chris. A win-win all around. Typically one weekend morning we go out to brunch and Chris makes something at home on the other weekend morning (or often afternoon by the time we get to brunch).
SIX INGREDIENT SAUSAGE POTATO PIE [Pinch of Yum]
Serves: 6-8 (nutrition info is for 1 of 8 servings)
- 12 ounces ground sausage
- 6-8 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ teaspoons Herbes de Provence
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound raw shredded potatoes (we just bought refrigerated uncooked hashbrowns)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (we used a combo of Swiss and Gruyère)
- 2 cups shredded kale
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a pan with oil.
- Brown the sausage until completely cooked and crumbled. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, herbes de provence, and salt and pepper.
- Add the hash browns, ⅔ cup cheese, kale, and sausage from step one. Mix it all together.
- Transfer to the pie pan and top with remaining cheese. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until set. Remove foil, turn heat to 400 or 450, and bake an additional 10 minutes until golden brown on top. Let stand for 10 minutes to allow excess moisture absorb. Slice and serve.