Happy Monday! What a wonderful weekend of fun in the sun. While the rest of the country has had triple digits these last few weeks, it was in the 60’s in Portland. Now, with the sun and warmer temperatures, I can say summer is finally here and I am a little sunkissed!
Many years ago my sister got me interested in “Inside the Actor’s Studio on Bravo.” While I have not watched it in recent years, the show is in its 18th Season. On the show, James Lipton, the host interviews actors in front of an audience of students as part of a craft class. At the end of each interview he asks the actor the following ten questions:
- What is your favorite word? Synthesis
- What is your least favorite word? Moist
- What turns you on? Crawling into bed with clean sheets, a clean house, after a full day.
- What turns you off? Parents hitting or yelling at their kids in public places.
- What sound or noise do you love? Quiet
- What sound or noise do you hate? When parents do not calm their crying kids on airplanes.
- What is your favorite curse word? F****
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Novelist
- What profession would you not like to do? Pooper Scooper
- If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? Your vacation has just begun.
I decided to answer the ten questions as though I was being interviewed by James Lipton (like that will ever really happen). It is fun to think about, and they are different questions we might not usually think about or answer. After getting this far in writing this post, I did a Google search for “James Lipton’s Ten Questions” and found quite a few individuals answering his questions themselves. Who knew his ten questions would become so famous!
How would you answer his ten questions?