Do you ever have those days that start out all wrong? Your clothes feel tight, or nothing you want to wear is clean, and to top it off you are having a bad hair day? Sometimes your funk permeates your entire day and all you do is dream about doing a few things that will let you unwind and block out the rest of your day.
What would your list of favorite things be to unwind from a hellish day? Would it involve your kids, your spouse, or an empty, quiet house? Does it involve exercise, a massage, or gorging on amazing food? Does your list change based on your mood?
A list of my favorite things to do to unwind (in no specific order):
- Going for a long run.
- Taking a long HOT bath.
- Hugs. Need I say more?
- Finding a new journal, finishing a journal, starting a new journal.
- Completing a shit-ton of items on my to-do list.
- Snuggling with Chris during a movie, on a lazy Saturday morning…whenever I can cozy up with him.
- Finishing a book I cannot put down.
- Coming home to a clean house (knowing I do not have to clean it).
- Salt. Anything with it, most often in the form of chips.
Some days I can come home and pick one of these items off my list, and the mere act of shifting my focus or pampering myself will change my outlook and let me forget my funk. Other times you just have to ride it out, crawl in bed, close your eyes and wake up freshly the next morning.
How about you? What do you do to unwind after a funky day?