It is the perfect midnight snack. You know those times when you for some reason are starving and you are not sure why, but you need something now? A warm mixture of peanut butter, chocolate, and bananas may just hit the spot. Yum. What is not to love? It is so easy, and takes all of two minutes.
It could also be the perfect breakfast treat. Or it reminds me of when you go to a crepe restaurant and you get a savory one and then follow it with a sweet one. Make a chicken quesadilla and then follow it with gooey peanut butter, chocolate, and bananas. Try it. You will not be disappointed.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Quesadillas [Adapted from Budget Bytes]
- 1 8-inch whole wheat tortilla
- 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- ½ medium banana
- 1 Tbsp semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Spread the peanut butter over the surface of the tortilla.
- Slice the banana very thinly and then arrange the slices over half of the tortilla. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the banana slices and then fold the tortilla in half.
- Cook the quesadilla in a skillet over medium-low heat until golden brown and crispy on both sides.