So I just learned that you might be seeing ads on my blog. (From what I can tell it happens when you click into the complete blog post.) In further researching, I found that I can remove it by paying WordPress a yearly fee, but I decided — forget that. Instead, I am going to self-host my blog and in turn have the ability to have many other options, widgets, and resources. Instead of just self-hosting my blog I have decided to also change the look and feel of Random Olio and get rid of those annoying ads.
Thanks to WordPress the ads just started appearing. No notification, I just found these details about these ads on their website. So far I have seen a few YouTube video ads and I have been told there has also been a pest control video too. Thank you for your patience and for ignoring these annoying ads until I can finish the upgrade to my site!
On a different note, I was nominated for the Lovely Blogger award, by: World on a Platter and for a 2nd time the Versatile Blogger award, this time by: The Usual Bliss. Thank you both for the nominations! I thought I would handle the response here in a combined post. So 5 more things about me (sorry I am breaking the rules, I am supposed to have 7 things, but I am trying to keep it short).
- I do not cook. I do not really know how. After 5 summers of 4-H baking I would call myself a baker.
- I am direct and sometimes have no sensor whatsoever.
- I will stand up for those I love, so do mess with those dear to me.
- I love babies. I do not have one of my own yet, but am addicted to precious little babies.
- I am a sucker for anything with salt on it. Sorry sugar, you play 2nd fiddle.
I already nominated folks in this post, but will add a few more for the Lovely Blogger Award:
not without salt (such a clever name)
Side of the Road Sessions (mentioned in older post, but the site is newly redesigned and launched!)
Thank you again for the nominations!