Gratitude is on the mind — and not just because tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I just finished reading “The Gratitude Diaries” by Janice Kaplan. She spends an entire year focusing on gratitude in her life (her marriage, work, children, money, etc.) It gave me a lot to think about and was especially appropriate for this time of year, the holidays, Thanksgiving, and being at the home stretch of this pregnancy.
I thought I would share a list of things that are especially appropriate right now to me:
- My husband: I wrote about him last week so you know all the good stuff, and if you did not read it take a peek at last week’s blogs. Yesterday I randomly said I do not know what I would do without you. His response was: “yes I am not sure what you would do.” So I started listing off all these things that would make my life miserable and he said: “You could just live in a hotel.” Ha. It is so much more than that my better half. So much more.
- My health: It is not perfect — but I am making it through each day, and look forward to meeting this little man and taking the tests to find out how I am after delivery. If all goes well, then I look forward to getting back to my running and feeling like myself again.
- My future son: I am just so excited that we have made it this far together. Your dad and I are ecstatic and cannot count the days to meet you. That and I would love my body back.
- My family and friends: So grateful for each of you. Thank you for being a support to me, a listening ear, and an inspiration. I miss you mom, dad, and Granny Smith.
- My team at work: You work hard and play hard, keep it fun, funny, and real. Thank you.
For all of you reading my blog I appreciate you too. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your friends and family. Cherish each moment.
What a perfect post on the day before Thanksgiving! Just this morning I read an article about that book, and was going to let you know about it, since gratitude is such an important part of your life…..but you’d already found it! Your continual expressions of thankfulness in your blogs show so much about your character and strength. What a true blessing for your little guy to be raised knowing such unconditional love and gratitude from his mommy and his daddy.
I have been keeping up with Tami’s blog posts over the last little while. She doesn’t praise herself much, so I just wanted to add a little “Tami time” to those of you who care to read this.
Although I have only known Tami for 8-9 months, I can confidently say that she’s one of the hardest working people I have ever met. On the go all the time, and pregnancy doesn’t slow her down. I admire her for how she handles her business, and gets things accomplished. There are 24 hours in a day – everyone has the same time, but this woman gets stuff done! And… she doesn’t take crap from anybody!
Tami is tough and hard working, but she’s got a soft side to her as well. She lights up when she talks about her California visits with her little niece. I’m excited to see what this little guy brings into her life… she’s going to be a great mother!
Thank you, Briar! Such a NICE comment 🙂